Re: Court Orders Gov't To Disclose GPS Tracking Data

There may be no explicit expectation to privacy in public but there
seems to be overlap here.  Isn't privacy in public expected to protect
freedom and liberty?

If someone is being tracked across the public sphere does this not
limit ones freedom ?  I would hope that to give the rights to one
person, to limit the freedoms of another individual,  there would be a
clear line of authority and oversight.

It seems like privacy arguments are missing the point here.  In Europe
there is the management of consent, without consent people need to
have a notice or sign that you are being tracked.  In the case of law
enforcement tracking, oversight (via regulator) is required.   The US
seems to be missing this oversight.   It would seem an abuse of power
would easily entrap vulnerable people.

That being said, I recently noticed a chilling report from the UK
describing; .

How covert cameras
detecting hot flushes will reveal who is lying at airport security
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2033615/Covert-lie-detection-measures-tiny-changes-facial-expression-skin-temperature.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#

In this case it seems that excessive intrusion upon people in public
is becoming a trend.

I think Chuck Norris would agree :-)

- Mark

Chuck Norris on Terrorism & DHS Surveillance: The feds have lost their
minds
http://blogs.computerworld.com/18913/chuck_norris_on_terrorism_dhs_surveillance_the_feds_have_lost_their_minds