Re: Court Orders Gov't To Disclose GPS Tracking Data

There was a comment on slashdot pointing out a seeming contradiction.

A.  We can place gps devices on people's cars and track them without a warrant because their cars are in public places and they have no expectation of privacy.

B.  We cannot release the records because that would violate their privacy.

Can they both be true?

Sent from my iPad