Re: Facebook messaging system for ever?

Le 16 nov. 2010 à 09:59, Jens de Smit a écrit :
> Currently, they only mention digital written conversation. Scary enough,
> but what will happen when Facebook steps into the VoIP business (like
> Google already has)?
>
> ANP - April 25, 2014
> "The governments of the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the UK
> have simultaneously announced heavy savings on their respective Defence
> budgets. The savings arise from the decommisioning of the ECHELON
> Signals Intelligence network, which has become obsolete by the
> information sharing agreement that Facebook and the governments signed
> last week.

Which reminds me of this article by Ignacio Ramonet in August 2003
http://mondediplo.com/2003/08/01ramonet

            On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 21:45:54 GMT
            In On the record - Le Monde diplomatique - English edition
            At http://mondediplo.com/2003/08/01ramonet

            It should be noted that in the US it is against
            the law to stockpile personal data. But there is
            no law preventing a private company from
            collecting data on behalf of the US government.
            ChoicePoint, with its headquarters near Atlanta,
            Georgia, is a familiar name from the recent past.
            In Florida, during the US presidential elections
            in 2000, its subsidiary Database Technologies was
            hired by the state to reorganise its electoral
            lists. The result was that thousands of Floridians
            were deprived of their right to vote, which then
            affected the result of the election: it was won by
            George Bush by a mere 537 votes, a victory that
            put him into the White House (2).

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/