Re: Poster (maybe) for Balisage 2014 conference

On Fri, July 25, 2014 11:42 pm, Tony Graham wrote:
> The theory has been to make a poster for Balisage 2014 to demonstrate the
> XSLT extensions by using XSL-FO and the extension functions to make the
> poster.
>
> The reality so far is that I haven't had much time to work on it so it
> currently looks like a dog's breakfast.

I don't know whether the next step up is a dog's lunch or something-else's
breakfast, but it's looking better than it was.  Current version is
attached.

> The current source for the poster, such as it is, is checked in as:
>
>    https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ppl/rev/7db8588cbd7d
>
> It just needs better text, to lose the import of 'formatting.xsl', and to
> use the extension functions more, and then it will be fine.

Relatively speaking, the text is better, but it's still not wonderful.
The stylesheet no longer needs 'formatting.xsl' (and is bigger as a
result), and there's so far one more use of the extension functions FWIW.

Still needs better text and for the lists to use the extension functions,
maybe also the source code if I get that far, but I'm leaving for Balisage
on Thursday.

Regards,

Tony.