Re: Is "0" valid for all XSL-FO lengths?

On Tue, January 14, 2014 2:13 pm, Dave Pawson wrote:
> On 12 January 2014 13:01, Tony Graham <tgraham@mentea.net> wrote:
>
>> To answer my own questions, I think 'border-top-width="0"' is allowed by
>> XSL 1.1 since it derives from a CSS2 property and has an explicit link
>> the CSS2 definition.
>>
>> I think it should also be allowed for all <length> (and <space>, etc.)
>> so
>> it is internally consistent: I don't think anybody would want to have to
>> remember which are the properties for which "0" is valid and for which
>> it
>> isn't.  It would also make it consistent with both SVG and CSS.
>
> Picking up on this and taking it further, the nonsensical irregularity of
> the properties has always irked.
>   One thing we could do is 'regularise' them.

Proposing to radically alter the properties IMO isn't quite the same as
trying to understand the corner cases of what's (purposely or
inadvertently) in the current spec.  If we are to do anything layered on
top of the current spec, then we need to understand the current spec, but
we're not showing much appetite for looking into its nuances.

> My favourite moan is the hard link to CSS.
> Even worse, the color syntax 'mess'.

Does this relate to
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ppl/2013Jun/0017.html?

Regards,