Re: FO->Area as XSLT extension function

On 03/19/2013 09:42 PM, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> On 20.3.2013 1:01, Arved Sandstrom wrote:
>
>>> http://saxonica.com/documentation/extensibility/integratedfunctions.xml
>>>
>> Maybe I'm missing something here, but how do you call one of these
>> integration functions from a stylesheet, as opposed to programmatically
>> from Java or .NET code?
> Same way as any other function. Just declare namespace registered in
> Java code using xmlns:foo in the stylesheet and then you can invoke your
> function by calling foo:your-function().

A final question: I've got the Saxon9HE extension running, but
conversions between Saxon's internal XPath representations and what FOP
needs are killing me.

After about 3 hours of reading Saxon Java API docs and hacking, the
closest I ever got was locating the DOMEnvelope class, but evidently
that's not the right thing either. I messed around with PJConverters but
they don't appear to understand DOM Nodes.

It appears that Saxon passes the FO node tree variable in as a
TinyDocumentImpl, which implements no W3C DOM stuff.This is the nub of
the problem.

Anyone way more familiar with the Saxon 9 HE Java API who might have
some ideas? Thanks.

Arved