Re: CSS flexible box model....

On 06/10/2013 04:37 AM, Dave Pawson wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-flexbox/
>
> How far does this go towards automating what we are trying to do manually?
> or is it orthogonal?
>
> regards

It's interesting, yes. At a first glance there seem to be some useful
syntactical concepts here, it could well be that there's something here
that could augment XSL thought, rather than replace.

Constructs like this in XSL could actually be interpreted by the
formatter as providing leeway for feedback, where in non-"flex" cases
the formatter might not be permitted to do so. This is similar to
AngularJS where you can mark off regions of an XHTML page where the
underlying framework takes over (albeit for different purposes).

It does seem like we're using feedback concepts to control multipass
externally, when it strikes me that a sufficiency of syntax should allow
the formatter to internally multipass if required.

Arved