Re: POWDER-S Schema - revised version

Andrea, Stasinos,

Thank you for pursuing this, I can see that it is not simple - but I'm
hoping that between you it's possible to decide on a way forward. For me
the important things are:

1. At the moment, FOAF is the vocab that a lot of people use and
therefore we should support it. foaf:Agent must be a possible object of
wdrs:issuedby.

2. dcterms:Agent has greater formal long term stability and we should
therefore make it possible to use that as the object of wdrs:issuedby as
well.

3. We should not make any statement that in any way affects the
semantics of either of those external vocabularies.

4. IMO, we should /only/ support those two, but, this may not be best
practice. If we make it so that other hypothetical Agent classes can be
used, I don't think anyone will object. In general, the fewer
restrictions that apply to a vocab term the better.

5. We always used to use rdf:Description to describe the POWDER-S doc.
We changed to owl:Ontology in response to a comment from Ivan. If the
present discussion means that we should go back and revert to
rdf:Description, OK, we can do that. As I recall, it was a suggestion
from Ivan, no more.

6. Kev needs to know the outcome of the discussion so he can complete
the XSLT ASAP

7. You - Andrea and Stasinos - have the insight and understanding to
solve this. No one's going to argue with you and we'd be most grateful
if you could sort this out for us!

8. We can make minor amendments to any of our docs in this regard -
we've flagged it as an issue, so please don't feel too constrained by
what is already published.

9. We can take a resolution on Monday but it if there's a clear path
forwards by then, terrific!

And again, thank you for putting so much thought into this - it proves
that POWDER is a strong, well thought-out protocol.

Phil.