Re: Proposal to drop support for pointing to a specific DR

No, that's no correct. You can have a single document that has all the
DRs you need, or spread them over several, all it means is that you
can't do things like this

<ol>
   <dr xml:id="DR_1!>
     <iriset>...</iriset>
     <descriptorset>...<descriptorset>
   </dr>

   <dr ref="http:doc2.xml#DR_2" />
</ol>

You'd have to have members of an ordered list in the same document.

Basically it means that each POWDER document stands on its own. If you
want to, you can point from one to another, but at document level, not
individual DR level. And you can't have a DR in one doc override one in
another document.

Linking directly to a description (in any document) is unaffected.