Re: Blank nodes in descriptor sets - a proposal to deal with this using Occam's Razor

Thanks for putting even more time into this.

If I understand you correctly it would be fair to allow this:

<ex:material>
   <ex:Wood>
     <ex:colour>brown</ex:colour>
   </ex:Wood>
</ex:material>

but we should explain that this means that "there should be a resource
out there which is of the type ex:Wood that has the color brown, and
that this is the value filler for our properties." Although this may be
  semantically valid, such a construct is usually inappropriate for use
in POWDER.

Giving the node an ID using rdf:about effectively creates a new
vocabulary term that is duplicated every time the POWDER document is
processed and although, again, this may be useful in some circumstances
it's generally better to use a pre-defined term if possible.

Finally, since POWDER transports RDF/XML, it is not unreasonable to
expect a POWDER Processor to be do at least minimal processing of RDF
and not just always as XML.

Phil.