Re: Status of W3C POI WG

Hey Dan,

it's pretty much dead in the water.

Alex had to step down as he changed roles and the W3C doesn't have any
commitment to this at all.

Raj and the OGC have tried to keep pushing on with POI related standards
to ensure this work wasn't wasted...but I haven't had time to
participate in that and it doesn't seem very active either 8(
http://www.ogcnetwork.net/poigroup

And from an Augmented Reality point of view I think this work just
didn't get far enough along to be relevant/useful...and there's a whole
lot of easier and better opportunities out there to take advantage of in
terms of data and web related standards.

I'd love to hear the thoughts from others on the list.

roBman