Re: data model and example

On Sep 29, at 7:09 AM, Rob Manson wrote:

> Hey Raj,
>
> the xml looks like a great example...here's a couple of small questions.
>
> Was the first attribute on the description element for the first poi
> meant to be called "id" instead of "author"?

No. I wanted to specify the author, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to represent it. See:
http://rajsingh.org/poiwg/poi_logan_2.xml

> Is the <point><Point>...</Point></point> double nesting needed?

Yes. Everything in <Point> is straight from GML 3.3. And the double-nesting will be useful. For one, it will avoid the problem with <description> above, where you don't want to mix CDATA with an element. I.e. it's easy to slip an <author> element in as a child of <point> without messing with the location specification in <Point>.

Why the <posList> element? I'm not sure, but greater GML minds than mine chose that as the most compact encoding, so there must be a good reason.

I also realize that having srsName on <point> is now illegal in the data model, so it's moved to <Point>

> And should the bottom "author" also have a type="text/directory"
> added...I think that's the right mime-type for vCards.

Thanks. That's a good enhancement. I've updated it in: