Re: demo POI service available

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 14:18:06 +0200
To: Raj Singh <rsingh@opengeospatial.org>
Cc: public-poiwg W3C <public-poiwg@w3.org>
On 31 May 2011 16:53, Raj Singh <rsingh@opengeospatial.org> wrote:
> I've put up a demo service that provides a W3C POI facade on the geonames service, to translate calls on their "Find nearby populated place" service into our draft POI format. Give it a test here:
>
> http://rajsingh.org/service/geonamespoi.html

Great :)

It's really healthy to see working prototypes being shared here.

I made a small start in this direction too, though nothing using W3C
format yet. I took the Ravensberg RDF data (POIs plus 'good relations'
ecommerce markup) and loaded it into an RDF SPARQL database:
http://swig.xmlhack.com/2011/05/10/2011-05-10.html#1305021973.421976
http://www.lieber-ravensburg.de/developer/

Sample query below. It shows that the business-related POIs have
categories. It's a generic RDF store, has no notion of geo-sparql yet,
... but if anyone wants the data to play around with, the above links
should help - or just ask.

cheers,

Dan

PREFIX vcard: <http://www.w3.org/2006/vcard/ns#>