Motivation for Linked Data

From: Hegde, Vinod <vinod.hegde@deri.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 16:40:09 -0000
To: <public-poiwg@w3.org>
Hi,

The slides describe the advantages of using linked data.  I see that
queries supported because of RDF data are more near to real world.

I think many people would like to ask "Show me the pizza stores which
are open till 11 and price is less than $5" than asking "show me the
pizza stores"( and I would go to home page of each store, look manually
for all the prizes, offers and open time).

The other point the slides encourage is to have more metadata about the
POI (added by the user + derived from links present in the RDF).

This way, we will build the 'context' for the POI. Currently, there is
no way for searching the POI, except based on what category it belongs
to (ex: pizza store, museum, movie theatre etc). I think, we need to
concentrate on this.

Thanks,

Vinod