Re: Proposal: The "POI as a simple collection of links" data model

On 4 August 2011 15:56, Raj Singh <rsingh@opengeospatial.org> wrote:
> I love the "POI as a simple collection of links" data model in theory. It's very clean conceptually, and that's the way I've been thinking of the larger POI "picture" also. However, I don't think it's the best way to implement.
>
> I think we still need a few primitives. The only things that are in the model now that don't fit your links model are the label, some time fields, and the location. The label and the time fields are so natural to just stick in there. That brings us to location. The data URI seems awkward to me and likely to turn people off of the spec. However, I'm open to other opinions.

I like it too. Seems pretty much isomorphic to RDF, btw. Can it be
written out explicitly as a set of triples, eg. an unordered
collection of factoids that take one of these forms:

<thing1-URI> <propertytype-URI> "value " .

and

<thing1-URI> <propertytype-URI> <thing2-URI>.

...?

If so, it should be possible to write out this datamodel using any RDF
notation, store/query it in any RDF database, etc.

cheers,

Dan