Re: The WG's Three Letters

(sorry, meant to reply to all)

"I don't know that it's really that large a problem.  Outside of this
technical sphere, if one were to say the Sea of Tranquility is a point
of interest, I don't think a layperson would object.  Likewise for
points of interest that are not "now", e.g. "the Battle of Concord
battlefield" is a POI, despite it not happening now.  I don't feel
we've stretched it"

Not on those areas, no. POI is perfectly fine for things outside the
earth or the current time.
The only concern I see is for non fixed points.

A physical link between real and virtual can also deal with, for
example, data linked to QR codes or specific image markers.
POI doesn't really fit those areas nearly so well, but they are just
as much in need of a standard, imho.

[Real object]  << [Image look up] >> [Virtual Data]   would be the
systemic link needed. And then you have an (optional) output of a AR
object being aligned to the images position.

Its the link between the real and virtual that seems the "core" of
whats being done here, rather then a just link to space/time points.