Re: Group decision to move Pointer Events 2 to proposed recommendation (please respond within one week)


On 22/09/2018 14:30, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> Not having heard any objection, I'll assume that the group is happy 
> moving forward with PR ? A positive response here, rather than silence, 
> would be great, but not mandatory...
> Also, we still have 
> outstanding. I've not had a chance to deep-dive into what's really 
> needed here. Navid, Olli, anybody able to at least make an initial stab 
> at this?
> Also, in related news, you've probably heard that WebKit are now 
> apparently starting development of PE as well... 
> (better late 
> than never?)
> Patrick
> On 11/09/2018 11:45, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
>> Dear all,
>> I'm fairly certain we've had informal agreement for ages that the 
>> group is ok to move forward with going to proposed recommendation, but 
>> I can't seem to find (in minutes or email threads) an unambiguous vote 
>> or decision to that effect.
>> Could I therefore explicitly ask, for process' sake, members of this 
>> group to please respond to this email and to indicate whether or not 
>> they're happy for us to move PE2 to proposed recommendation? Please 
>> respond, if possible, within one week of this email.
>> Additionally, Philippe quite rightly pointed me to a handful of open 
>> issues that need to be addressed before we can proceed:
>> * - I see Navid is 
>> already on the case here.
>> * - seems like this is 
>> just a matter of rewording prose; if so, I'll get on it today.
>> * - I closed this, as 
>> I don't think it's a simple/straightforward editorial change to make 
>> (unless I'm missing something, this would require either manual 
>> addition of CSS classes in the spec itself, or switching to Bikeshed)
>> Thanks,
>> Patrick

Patrick H. Lauke | |
twitter: @patrick_h_lauke | skype: patrick_h_lauke

Received on Monday, 1 October 2018 09:27:47 UTC