Re: Pointer Events 2 results

On 7/10/2018 11:16 AM, Navid Zolghadr wrote:
> Awesome. Thanks Philippe for taking the time and run the tests on all the
> browsers. I have done it for Chrome in the past and I know it is such a
> pain.
>
> I also want to mention that we have some tests that pass with different
> pointer types (like with both touch and mouse) but they output different
> test names which caused more tests in the less-than-2 bucket. So not the
> best test suite here :).

Yes, I didn't look into the tests themselves since I was simply focusing
on getting some results. I can attempt to propose some improvements but
not sure when I would get to it yet.

> Note that some of them are tricky to run. For example
> http://www.w3c-test.org/pointerevents/pointerevent_pointerleave_pen-manual.html
> you
> need to leave the pen from the range of the digitizer while you are still
> keeping the pen on top of the element. If you just leave it from the
> boundaries it would fail. I brought this up because I just tested this
> single one on Edge, Chrome and FF on a surface tablet with its own pen and
> also external Wacom and both Chrome and Edge passed even though the test is
> listed in less-than-2
> <http://w3c.github.io/test-results/pointerevents/less-than-2.html>. Note
> that Firefox still didn't pass it.

Feel free to update the results. It is indeed tricky to run some of them.

> There are a few tests like the one above. Aside from those there are some
> tests that we punted on like
> http://www.w3c-test.org/pointerevents/pointerevent_click_during_capture-manual.html
> as
> currently browsers don't agree on a behavior and we tried it once to spec
> it consistently with other behaviors but after Chrome implemented the new
> behavior it caused some compat issues and we had to revert it. So we agreed
> to address it later V3. Not sure where to put these sort of tests for now.
> Should we just leave it there in the main directory and keep a list?

Yes. The tests should definitively stay but we could remove them from
the report in the meantime (using filter.js). Do you/can you have a list
of the tests to remove from the report?

Note that Patrick main concern is on twist and tangentialPressure. We
don't have test (besides IDL ones) and it doesn't look like we have
enough implementation...

As a side, I did some musing around UI events today:
   https://www.w3.org/2018/07/uievents.html

You can limit this to Pointer Events only:
   https://www.w3.org/2018/07/uievents.html?filterTypes=pointer

Philippe