Re: [pointerevents] Add OS image dragging to non-normative reasons for pointercancel

From: Navid Zolghadr via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2017 03:49:08 +0000
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
The solution you are saying which was only sending the **lostpointercapture** was the one we explored here at first #194 . But then @appsforartists mentioned [here](https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues/205#issuecomment-300366762) in this comment that **pointercancel** is reasonable to be there. I couldn't argue against that as it also does sound reasonable to me due to the stream of events being terminated and handled by the browser which is the definition of **pointercancel** and couldn't imagine a case that it would break the existing apps. Also **pointercancel** thing would automatically cover the lose of capture. @appsforartists do you have anything else do add?

That being said as you mentioned I'd like to also see what the impact of the change is. We had [another issue](https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues/75) that we also agreed on the desired behavior and I had to revert the fix after getting reports of some broken sites. I'll keep an eye on anything that comes up.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by NavidZ
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues/205#issuecomment-338361475 using your GitHub account