Re: [pointerevents] How is pointer event ctor supposed to work when coalescedEvents is passed using the PointerEventInit

From: Navid Zolghadr via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2017 23:31:10 +0000
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
Regarding the event that are being created in js I remember talking to @RByers and he was saying the ctors usually don't do any checks and just initialize properties from the stuff in the dictionary. So we went with that idea and whatever you put inside the initialization dictionary will be inside the pointerevent object regardless of what js set the type of the event be or what no.
We have [a test](https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/blob/master/pointerevents/extension/pointerevent_constructor.html) for this case but apparently I didn't stretch it enough to set all the random attributes in the coalesced event array.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by NavidZ
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues/223#issuecomment-334892772 using your GitHub account