Re: [pointerevents] Should a captured pointer send boundary events by default?

From: Rick Byers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2016 17:52:00 +0000
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
Oh, right - IMHO that violates the spec for `click` (which is defined
to go to the common ancestor of the `mousedown` and `mouseup` targets.
  @NavidZ has been looking at that and will file a separate issue.  In
 the "capturing alters hit-testing" model we're advocating, I would
expect a `click` event on the captured node, regardless of where the
pointer moves to (but we could define it as a special case if desired
- explicitly doing a capture-independent hit-test on `pointerup`).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by RByers
Please view or discuss this issue at