Re: Hover click with pointer events

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 18:36:08 +0100
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
On 16/06/2015 18:32, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> On 16/06/2015 18:30, Rick Byers wrote:
>> Do we really want to fire 'click' without pointerup/pointerdown?  Would
>> that be web compatible?  I was arguing that we wouldn't fire anything
>> other than pointermove here...
>
> Maybe unrelated, but: for keyboard interaction browsers fire just
> 'click'...

However, I think I'm getting myself confused - apologies for the noise,
firing off emails while childminding a hyperactive 3 year old is not a
good idea, perhaps. I'd be happy with a left-mouse button activation
hover click (do those activation buttons - which the surface pen doesn't
have, actually have a canonical name?) to fire the same event sequence
as a quick tap with the pen on the screen itself, so pointerdown,
pointerup, and click

Patrick H. Lauke