Re: Hover click with pointer events

>From a different perspective, the PE spec has events only for
change-of-state with respect to the touch surface (pointerup, pointermove,
...), and we piggyback button-change states to those events. I think to
support the hover-button-changes, we /need/ a separate event, like
"buttonchange" or "hoverchange". The "buttonchange" event would also make
sense for a touching pen that is not moving.

For Patrick's Question (b), tracking "pointerup" and "pointerdown" should
be enough to differentiate between a pen's hovering vs touching states,
right? Then a "buttonchange" could represent the "click" in either state. I
am assuming you meant by "click" a button-press, not a "surface-touched"
event.

Mustaq