Re: Redirect dvcs.w3.org requests to GitHub?

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 16:19:52 -0400
To: Rick Byers <rbyers@chromium.org>, "public-pointer-events@w3.org" <public-pointer-events@w3.org>
On 6/4/15 3:36 PM, Rick Byers wrote:
> It seems pretty confusing that
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/pointerevents/raw-file/tip/pointerEvents.html gives
> an editors draft with today's date and so appears to be newer than our
> new official home at http://w3c.github.io/pointerevents/.
>
> Can / should we get the old hg location to redirect to github, or at
> least replace it with a "moved here" document? What do other specs do
> after moving to github?

All but a few of WebApps' Hg based specs have moved to github and after
the migration the hg repo was configured to automatically redirect to
github. I can see that this is done for pointereents, if there is
consensus to do so (and my recommendation is to do the redirect).

If anyone objects to the redirect, please speak up; otherwise, early
next week I'll request the redirect (I believe it requires staff
intervention).

-ArtB