Re: Blink does not plan to implement pointer events

On 09/12/2014 12:34 AM, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> Ping? tl;dr: is there a build of FX out there where I could
> test/demonstrate (as part of a presentation/workshop for instance) PEs
> on Win8.1?

Sorry for the delay.  We don't have automated builds anymore of Firefox
for Windows 8 "metro" and I don't have easy access to a Windows
development machine at the moment.  Here's a test build that you can use
for now.  It's based on code from several weeks ago (it's been a while
since we merged the latest mainstream code into the "metro" branch), but
should be enough to demo pointer events:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/try-builds/mbrubeck@mozilla.com-ecd77dc08b4c/try-win32/firefox-34.0a1.en-US.win32.installer.exe

To enter the "Metro" mode, first open the installed "Nightly" test build
on the desktop, then choose "Windows 8 Touch" from the menu:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-launch-firefox-windows-8-touch

After switching to "Metro" mode, go to about:config to enable these
preferences:

  * dom.w3c_pointer_events.enabled
  * layout.css.touch_action.enabled

The download URL will expire in two weeks; hopefully I'll have a more
up-to-date build to share by then.