RE: Touch-action hit testing

Hearing no objections, I've added this to the latest editor's draft [1]. Thanks!

-Jacob

[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/pointerevents/raw-file/tip/pointerEvents.html#declaring-candidate-regions-for-default-touch-behaviors

From: Rick Byers [mailto:rbyers@google.com]
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2013 1:52 PM
To: Jacob Rossi
Cc: public-pointer-events@w3.org
Subject: Re: Touch-action hit testing

Those both look good to me, thanks Jacob!

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Jacob Rossi <Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com<mailto:Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com>> wrote:
Hi all,

I was actioned to draft a propjrossiosed note stating the "details of hit testing is out of scope, and clarify properties UA's must adhere to for hit testing." [1] Here's the draft, feedback welcomed. I've structured this as two different notes, in the same section.

NOTE:   For the purposes of determining the touched element and its touch-action value, "Applies to: block-level elements" means  a user agent only considers the border box of block-level elements in the document when performing the hit test. It is possible that the touched element used in the touch-action processing algorithm is not the same as the target element of the pointerdown event.

NOTE:   Some user agents support touch-actions triggered by interactions of multiple concurrent pointers (e.g. multi-touch). Methods for processing or associating the touch-action values of multiple concurrent pointers is out of scope for this specification.

Let me know if you think this provides sufficient clarity or if you have alternative suggestions.

-Jacob

[1] http://www.w3.org/2013/11/19-pointerevents-minutes.html#item03