Pointer Events spec and UIEvents reference

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 13:58:39 -0400
To: Jacob Rossi <Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com>, Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>, "Gary Kacmarcik (Кошмарчик)" <garykac@chromium.org>
CC: "public-pointer-events@w3.org" <public-pointer-events@w3.org>
Hi Jacob, Gary, Travis,

During WebApps' April 10 meeting, I mentioned the Pointer Events spec
had a normative reference for UIEvents (see [1]). On April 15 the folks
working on the UI spec and D3E had a call and they also briefly
discussed this dependency:

[[
<http://www.w3.org/2014/04/15-webapps-minutes.html#item01>

garykac: Looking at the minutes...

<garykac> Link to minutes: http://www.w3.org/2014/04/10-webapps-minutes.html
<garykac> What is PointerEvent's dependency on UIEvents?
garykac: notes say there is a dependency on UIEvents spec???

<garykac> If it's |buttons|, I believe we have all that in D3E.
Travis: I think this was for the 'buttons' change to support the value
of -1 (where it was previously defined as an unsigned long
... I updated the spec for that.

<garykac> We should confirm that and let them know they depend on D3E now.
]]

Based on the above, it appears the Pointer Events reference for UIEvents
can  be removed but I'm not certain. Would you folks please investigate
this and if UIEvents is no longer needed as a normative reference then
please remove it.

-Thanks, ArtB

[1] <http://www.w3.org/2014/04/10-webapps-minutes.html#item01>