Re: Impact of pointer capture on hit testing requirements / performance

From: Arthur Stolyar <nekr.fabula@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 01:15:36 +0400
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
Forgot to add subject, prev. comment:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pointer-events/2014AprJun/0022.html

Also I am a bit confused with this 'avoid pointerover/out handlers on the
element and all its ancestors'--why need to check ancestors for
pointerover/out events when pointer capture is active? In case with js
polyfill. this check might be slower than just hit test.

2) Pointer Events requires a hit test on every move, although it can be

--
@nekrtemplar <https://twitter.com/nekrtemplar>