Re: Transformed Pointer Coordinates?

On Feb 12, 2013, at 9:29 AM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree. The vast majority of people are just interested in the 2d transform.

At the moment yes. And for Pointer events you are probably not interested in a 3D point as well. I think we all agree in that. When it comes to the interface description, I don't see a reason to create two different interfaces. Better to make z=0 and w=1.

> Another issue with 3d is how transform-style [1] is treated.
> for intstance:

> Does it make sense to transform point between a and b?

For NodeToNode transformation it probably does not make sense and an DOMException should be raised. For node to page, I think, WebKit still returns a 2D point at the moment.

Greetings,
Dirk