Re: Output (format) of the Implementation Report Input sheet

> On 29 Sep 2017, at 08:59, Michael Steidl (IPTC) <mdirector@iptc.org <mailto:mdirector@iptc.org>> wrote:
>
> Hi Renato, Ben and Ivan,
> we have now the Implementation Report input sheet at https://goo.gl/iXnonW <https://goo.gl/iXnonW>
>
> As I should write a script to generate an output which can be integrated into a formal Implementation Report I need to know:
> Which columns should be in the output?
> I guess the columns Formal and Comments of each implementer.
> But also any of the “hardwired” columns B to F?

I would prefer so.

> Format of the output: HTML or markdown?
> (And: is there any basic template for the HTML or markdown, further: is the content of the sheet/table sufficient, or anything else?)

Whichever is easier for you. It would go to github, markdown is fine as long as it is readable. That being said, HTML Tables give more possibilities in terms of readability (setting the colours for specific columns or cells (highlighting the successful outcome with green, that sort of things).

I think some (static) introductory text before the table would be good; not everything in the table may be self-evident.

> How to style the implementation results?
> In an example of another group they had this colour code
> - PASS = green
> - FAIL = red
> - X (not tested) = yellow

Sounds good to me

> How to apply a colour to a cell with the result?
> Could be: a class with a name following the results (e.g. testpass, testfail, testx) – but where will the CSS be located to do the highlighting?

Again, whatever is easy for you. There are no rules, just your own convenience.

Thanks!

Ivan

> Thanks for letting me know.
>
> Best,