Re: [Agenda] W3C POE WG - Teleconference 13 MARCH 2017

> On 28 Apr 2017, at 01:46, brian.ulicny@thomsonreuters.com wrote:
>
> Attached is my revised version of the internationalization checklist.

Thanks Brian, we will forward to the I18N group for horizontal review.

> Also, in 4.20.13, we say that the language can be used to specify the language of an asset after translation.   Don’t we need to be able to specify the language before translation, as well?

That would be inherit in the Asset itself? (or you could add a “scope”)

> What about saying: it is prohibited to translate the Greek portions of this text into Spanish, but it is required to translate the German parts of this text into Spanish?  (ie. For a text about Greek texts that is in German, and for which I want a Spanish translation?)

I think you could do this now:

"permission": [{
       "target": [{
               "uid": "http://example.com/my-book",
               "scope": "http://example.com/german-parts"
       }],
       "action": “translate”,
      "constraint": [{
            "leftOperand": “language",
            "operator": "eq",
            "rightOperand": “../spanish"
        }],

And in a similar way, have a Prohibition on the same asset with scope=greek-parts

Renato Iannella, Monegraph
Co-Chair, W3C Permissions & Obligations Expression (POE) Working Group