Re: Welcome to POE

> On 15 Mar 2016, at 05:33, Renato Iannella <renato.iannella@monegraph.com> wrote:
>

>> On 14 Mar 2016, at 23:39, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org <mailto:ivan@w3.org>> wrote:
>>
>> I must admit I am not sure how Australia fits into this picture, though, I am afraid it complicates things…
>

> Australia has been around for a long time [1] and we apologise (as a nation) that it complicates the rest of the world :-)

:-) And, actually, I see that many areas do not have, or have abandoned, DST! I wish Europe would do the same, it is a major headache for many people...

> For now, we will have the kick-off meeting at Noon GMT this Thursday - check [1] for details.

Yep, that is now clear.

> We will then issue a new Poll to determine the regular day/time for the weekly call.

And again: the poll is to be understood as setting the call in GMT, ie, I should not take the dates that are listed on the poll (21 march onwards) seriously in my case (doodle showing everything in my local timezone) but as if the dates were one week later when we change to DST, too…

Ivan

> Renato Iannella, Monegraph
> Co-Chair, W3C Permissions & Obligations Expression (POE) Working Group
>
> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Australia <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Australia>
> [2] https://www.w3.org/2016/poe/wiki/Kick_off_meeting <https://www.w3.org/2016/poe/wiki/Kick_off_meeting>

----
Ivan Herman, W3C