Re: Licences in ODRL

> On 31 Jan 2017, at 00:50, Oleksandra Panasiuk <oleksandra.panasiuk@sti2.at> wrote:
> Is it good to use  odrl:move in this case, because after the Asset has been moved, the original copy must be deleted?

That is correct. (It is not a Reproduce).

>  Can odrl:distribute to be as a physical transfer ?

Yes.

> Does odrl:grantUse grant a warranty protection?

Nope.

> "You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy, and you may at your option offer warranty protection in exchange for a fee."
>
> a odrl:Offer;
>     odrl:permission [
>         a odrl:Permission;
>         odrl:assignee dalicc:contributors;
>         odrl:action [ odrl:distribute, dalicc:chargeFee, odrl:grantUse];
>         odrl:constraint [
>             a odrl:Constraint;
>             odrl:leftOperand odrl: payAmount;
>             odrl:operator odrl:eq;
>             odrl:leftOperand <http://example.com/feeAmount <http://example.com/theworld>>; (is it ok to write like this, when the amount depends on a distributor?)
>             unit="http://cvx.iptc.org/iso4217a:EUR" <http://cvx.iptc.org/iso4217a:EUR>/>
>              ]
>      ].

A payAmount can only be used in a Duty. See: http://w3c.github.io/poe/model/#duty <http://w3c.github.io/poe/model/#duty>

I assume the second  odrl:leftOperand is odrl:rightOperand?
You can now use odrl:rightOperandReference:  https://w3c.github.io/poe/vocab/#term-rightOperandReference <https://w3c.github.io/poe/vocab/#term-rightOperandReference>
for a value to be determined later.

> You may copy and distribute the Program accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your cost of physically performing source distribution, a complete machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code
>
> a odrl:Offer;
>     odrl:permission [
>         a odrl:Permission;
>         odrl:action [odrl:reproduce, odrl:distribute, dalicc:chargeFee];
>         odrl:duty [
>             a odrl:Duty;
>             odrl:action [dalicc:attachOffer, cc:SourceCode];
>             odrl:constraint [
>                     a odrl:Constraint;
>                     odrl:leftOperand odrl:timeInterval;
>                     odrl:operator odrl:gteq;
>                     odrl:rightOperand: "P3Y"
>                     ];
>             odrl:odrl:constraint [
>                     a odrl:Constraint;
>                     odrl:leftOperand odrl: payAmount;
>                     odrl:operator odrl:lteq;
>                     odrl:leftOperand <http://example.com/feeAmount <http://example.com/theworld>>;
>                     unit="http://cvx.iptc.org/iso4217a:EUR" <http://cvx.iptc.org/iso4217a:EUR>/>
>        ].

The problem here is that the payAmount is an obligation on the assignee (I assume the dalic:contributors) - but you want them to charge the third-parties the amount ?

Renato Iannella, Monegraph
Co-Chair, W3C Permissions & Obligations Expression (POE) Working Group