Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Safari compatibility with PNG CICP chunk?

If I drag a PNG with CICP into Safari, I don’t see HDR.  So Safari doesn’t seem to be mapping to eDR (mapping file to display).

-Chris

From: Chris Blume (ProgramMax) <programmax@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, February 9, 2024 at 1:30 PM
To: Seeger, Chris (NBCUniversal) <Chris.Seeger@nbcuni.com>
Cc: Portable Network Graphics (PNG) Working Group <public-png@w3.org>, Leo Barnes <lbarnes@apple.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Safari compatibility with PNG CICP chunk?
+Leo

MacOS 14.0 supports cICP.

I am not familiar with Mac dev so I don't know about connecting it to eDR.

Leo?

On Fri, Feb 9, 2024, 12:43 PM Seeger, Chris (NBCUniversal) <Chris.Seeger@nbcuni.com<mailto:Chris.Seeger@nbcuni.com>> wrote:
Hi Chris and All,

Is there any discussion with Webkit/Safari team reading the PNG CICP chunk and connecting it to MacOS API’s (eDR)?

I’m discussing getting a note in CTA-Wave so that developers are made aware that this is coming.

This is especially important for NextGen (ATSC3) over-the-air graphics compositing since they use  HTML5 for the page render.\

Best,
Chris