Re: [PNG] Cancel meeting?

On 2023-10-13 14:53, Chris Blume (ProgramMax) wrote:

> The spec should now be out of AC review and is now in both a patent
> exclusion period (ending on 11/20) and a call for implementations
> period (ending 12/21, although we're only chartered until 11/30).

It is the charter which is (was) in AC review. Expect to see the new
charter announced around the 20th of this month.

The exclusion period ending is important, after that patents can't be
excluded.

The call for implementations has no real deadline, this is just an
attempt to get feedback earlier rather then later.

> I would like to push us to the next publication phase.
The next phase is Proposed Recommendation, which implies an
implementation report on the test suite. We have not that many tests and
not that many (non-browser) implementations. We need 2 independent
implementations of each new feature.
> But I cannot until the patent exclusion period has ended. Note, there
> are only 10 days between the patent exclusion ending and the charter
> ending. So we will need to work quickly once that day comes.
No no, there will be a new charter before the old one ends.

--
Chris Lilley
@svgeesus