From: Chris Blume (ProgramMax) <programmax@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, November 10, 2023 at 1:37 PM
To: Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>
Cc: Richard Geldreich <rich@binomial.info>, public-png@w3.org <public-png@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [PNG] Meeting topics - Nov 13th, 2023

EXTERNAL: Use caution when clicking on links or opening attachments.

You are right.
Rich had mentioned RGBE (rather than RGBA), where the E is a shared exponent. This is how the color model / data storage becomes a bit blurred.

There are other *true* color models like YUV that are worth considering. And there are also other blurring-the-lines ideas like storing normal maps, motion vectors, etc (not really color).