Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Conformance files in PQ, HLG, SDR-BT.709?

Oops.  …just saw this 😊

From: Chris Blume (ProgramMax) <programmax@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, December 6, 2023 at 5:12 PM
To: Seeger, Chris (NBCUniversal) <Chris.Seeger@nbcuni.com>
Cc: Portable Network Graphics (PNG) Working Group <public-png@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Conformance files in PQ, HLG, SDR-BT.709?
Attached are the 5 images with the CICP values you provided. I changed the file names so the "NoCICP" part is now just "CICP".

I'm also attaching a file named cicp.chunk. This simplifies if we want to add cICP chunks to other PNGs in the future. Here is how:
The cicp.chunk file has the CICP values 0-0-0-0. You can use a hex editor like HexEd.it<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/HexEd.it__;!!PIZeeW5wscynRQ!ojwrBR6jR3-svspWLLmi1N_ZGz0nu2iGkJRX82x3p2CR9ElYZ4ANFsR04-MBHxq5KizMxgWA4AwDvSxkTFCy$> to open the cicp.chunk file and change the last 4 bytes to different CICP values. Save your changes.
Then, with TweakPNG<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/entropymine.com/jason/tweakpng/__;!!PIZeeW5wscynRQ!ojwrBR6jR3-svspWLLmi1N_ZGz0nu2iGkJRX82x3p2CR9ElYZ4ANFsR04-MBHxq5KizMxgWA4AwDvZ-Skuci$>, you can use the menu Edit -> Import Chunk... and select the cicp.chunk file. This will add the cICP chunk to the PNG you have open.

It is a bit of a pain to need to manually edit the cicp.chunk file every time. But the benefit of using this approach is you don't need to manually compute the chunk's CRC values, since TweakPNG will add them for you.
Also, since this process is a pain I'm happy to do this for people in the future.

Hope this helps :D