Re: [EXTERNAL] XMP in PNG

I believe I partly understand.
I remember working on HDR on Mac and seeing a video play that affected the
brightness of more than just the video. If I remember correctly, the entire
display's brightness changed as the video's brightness changed.

For example, if a bright flash is displayed and the viewer's pupils close,
the rest of the display will have to become more bright to compensate and
remain approximately the same color to the viewer.

Is my understanding correct?
(Is this considered part of the viewing environment?)

If I am on the right track, I can understand why extra metadata is useful.
The average brightness changes throughout the animation. And so we might
have this metadata before every frame of animation. Or perhaps every other
frame or only when a significant brightness change occurs.

Would we want to include this average brightness as part of the standard?
If so, we are specifying a standard schema, too.
(Is iTXt + XMP + schema overhead too heavyweight for a simple average
brightness?)