Re: OASIS Opens Discussion List for Operational Aspects of Privacy Management

Hi Renato,

this looks a bit like the IPSE experience I had with CEN starting 2000. In
IPSE, IT consumers tried to establish a privacy standard that they would
attach to a contractual arrangement so that IT producers would have to fulfill
those requirements:

http://www.cen.eu/cen/Sectors/Sectors/ISSS/Activity/Documents/ipsefinalreportwebversion.pdf

The IT industry did not really like the approach and the group was really
difficult.

I also wonder what their relation is to ISO/IEC JTC 1 SC 27 WG 5 that
establishes such protocols since years.

Best,

Rigo