Re: A Neuroscientist’s Radical Theory of How Networks Become Conscious

Hi all:

Quite interesting.

My apologies for being unconscise, but here goes my opinion on the
matter.

_Integration_ has more to be with _Soundness_ rather than _Conscient_.

_"No consistent system of axioms whose theorems can be listed by (... )
is capable of proving all truths"._

There is no sense of obligation in the value of an axiom. As is neither
in the truth/non-truth responses. _Entscheidungsproblem_.

For this, , it seems to be no reasonable and approach to infere that
_simple integration_ mean _consciousness_.

In fact, connections, lists, Dictionaries,collections of data... do not
allow _per se_ a system to be conscient.

...And then we have the AI and all the new model of
thinking/perceiving/collecting .

I have to re-read Putnam to focus on these thoughs in a better manner.

ideas?

Regards

---

delfin@delfiramirez.info
http://delfiramirez.info [3]
 skype username: segonquart
twitter:@delfinramirez
common weblog: http://delfiramirez.blogspot.com [4]
about: Technology Lover & good cook.
place: Somewhere over Europe.
My Digital Signature [5]

On 30/10/2014 13:10, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> WIRED: The internet is integrated. Could it be conscious?
>
> Koch: It's difficult to say right now. But consider this. The internet contains about 10 billion computers, with each computer itself having a couple of billion transistors in its CPU. So the internet has at least 10^19 transistors, compared to the roughly 1000 trillion (or quadrillion) synapses in the human brain. That's about 10,000 times more transistors than synapses. But is the internet more complex than the human brain? It depends on the degree of integration of the internet.
>
> For instance, our brains are connected all the time. On the internet, computers are packet-switching. They're not connected permanently, but rapidly switch from one to another. But according to my version of panpsychism, it feels like something to be the internet -- and if the internet were down, it wouldn't feel like anything anymore. And that is, in principle, not different from the way I feel when I'm in a deep, dreamless sleep.
>
> http://www.wired.com/2013/11/christof-koch-panpsychism-consciousness/ [1]
>
> I think I'm writing the first fully connected robot for the web of linked data ( http://klaranet.com/ [2] )
>
> Leads to interesting questions on whether the internet is conscious, whether google search is, whether robots are, and whether they should have rights ...

Links:
------
[1]
http://www.wired.com/2013/11/christof-koch-panpsychism-consciousness/