Re: Mathematical Philosophy

On 28 September 2013 21:55, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>    this is a very interesting course on Mathematical Philosophy,
> that will really help I think in understanding the semantic web.
>
>    https://www.coursera.org/course/mathphil

Anything in particular that you find related to the semantic web?

Having studied maths at college, I found graph and network theory quite
related to web principles.  A graph being a topology of related nodes.  In
a network each edge can carry a weight, and you allow these weighting to
flow around the graph much like water through a set of pipes.  I think this
is a key element of the web that has not yet become ubiquitous and amounts
to a system of value creation and flow, creating incentives for people to
do things.

The other thing I have found interesting is the HR14 in terms of data being
invariant from the documents they live in, being a killer feature of the
semantic web, but still not hugely exploited.