RE: HTML Text Alternatives document question

From: ahby@aptest.com [mailto:ahby@aptest.com] On Behalf Of Shane McCarron
Sent: 10 September 2015 02:08

"The text alternatives document [1] has a number of places where it says "accessibility supported".  As in "Once figure and figcaption are accessibility supported...".  Is this a term that we use a lot?  Is it well defined / known?  It feels awkward to me and it isn't in the glossary.  Thoughts?"

It's a term defined in WCAG [2]. That said, I don't think it's widely used or widely understood for that matter.

Léonie.

[1] https://w3c.github.io/alt-techniques/

[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/conformance.html#uc-accessibility-support-head

--