Re: Issue-742: Proposal aria-destination

Hi Alex,

So, if you were reading a link and you ran across a link you would like to
know if it actually went to a glossary definition or a foot note or some
other special destination. If you are a book publisher you would probably
style these differently. So rather that placing a superscript around the
foot note number you might have a span with aria-destination. The book
publisher would then use an attribute selector to style the foot note links
as superscripts with potentially a different color.

I agree the destination is like a subrole in that it provides more detailed
semantics about the link type/role. If you were a screen reader user you
might see the link and determine that it goes to a foot note and you may or
may not be interested in that information. Or you might tailor your screen
reader to find the foot note and expand on "where am I" to state that it is
a foot note and read the footnote to the user.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger