W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-pfwg@w3.org > October 2015

RE: Agenda: October 1, 2015 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

From: Matt King <a11ythinker@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 09:16:29 -0700
To: "'Richard Schwerdtfeger'" <schwer@us.ibm.com>, "'PF'" <public-pfwg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <003701d0fc64$87fcdf90$97f69eb0$@Gmail.com>
I have a conflict for the first 30 min.

 

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com] 
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 1:29 PM
To: PF <public-pfwg@w3.org>
Subject: Agenda: October 1, 2015 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

 

Agenda: October 1, 2015 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Time of meeting is 12:30PM EST, 9:30AM PST, 16:30 UTC, duration is 1.5 hours
Webex: 

Webex:
<https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m5d67b552441a72bd1f52d696ad273d2e>
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m5d67b552441a72bd1f52d696ad273d2e,
meeting password: aria
US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000 Access code:640 582 571 (Mobile Auto Dial:
+1-617-324-0000,,,640582571#)

IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #aria.

Agenda:   

     1. Issue 633: listbox and tree may contain only static items; badly
need interactive widgets that can contain interactive typed items (Matt
King) 

     

*	Matt's draft:  <http://www.w3.org/2015/09/17-aria-minutes.html>
http://www.w3.org/2015/09/17-aria-minutes.html  
*	Issue 633:  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/633>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/633     
*	Action 1724:  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1724>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1724  Matt to create a
Proposal to simplify Grids  
*	Action 1725:  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1725>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1725 Matt to Create a Proposal
for an ariticle Feed  
*	Potential Cleanup ... and what else?:  
*	Action 1688:  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1688>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1688  (James Nurthen) Progress
on this?


2.   Action 1361: Suggest new text for application Role (Matt)  

*	 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1361>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1361


3. Actions 1513 and 1719 Set up ARIA 1.1 Requirements Draft and define exit
ARIA 1.1 Criteria (Michael Cooper)  

*	 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1513>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1513  
*	 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1719>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1719


4. Action 1633 Work with Rich on update of process to create new role value
extensions (Shane) This should be closed as complete. 

*	 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1633>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1633  
*	 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/ARIAExtensions>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/ARIAExtensions


5. Actions 1708, 1703, 1709, 1715: Introducing a Figure Role - Rich to
discuss if new information is available.  

*	 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1708>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1708  
*	 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1709>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1709  
*	 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1703>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1703  
*	 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1715>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1715   
*
<http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/2011/08/html5-accessibility-chops-the-fig
ure-and-figcaption-elements/> Blog entry by Steve on Figure/Figure Caption
issues


6. Issue 740: Deprecate gridcell in grids and use cell. I see the group
resolved to make gridcell and grid synomyms but no action to modify the
spec.  

*	This means grid must support cell and that we state that these can
be interchangeable in a grid, but does this mean that a table can take a
gridcell?    
*	 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/740>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/740


7. Action 1672: Mark aria-grabbed, aria-dropeffect as deprecated and provide
reference definition of derprecated (Michael Cooper)     

*	 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1672>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1672     
*	 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/717>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/717


8. Issue 704: Should we indicate a Primary Button? (James Nurthen)   

*	 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/704>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/704


9. Review Open Action Items and Issues (Many overdue items - need to get new
dates and determine if must reassign  

*	 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/17>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/17

10. Review and provide feedback to ARIA in HTML specification  

*	 <http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-html-aria-20150902/>
http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-html-aria-20150902/


As we get closer to CR Draft:

 1. Actions 1675, 1676, 1677 Clean up class hieriarchy - Joanie   

*	 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1675>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1675     
*	 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1676>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1676     
*	 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1677>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1677



References:

ARIA Test Plan Action Items:
 <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/5>
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/5

UAIG Open Actions and Issues:
 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/10>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/10

ARIA Test Report:
 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testreport?testsuite_id=1>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testreport?testsuite_id=1

Use Cases for Extended Descriptions:
 <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/Use_Cases_for_Extended_Descriptions>
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/Use_Cases_for_Extended_Descriptions

WAI-ARIA Extension Process
 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/ARIAExtensions>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/ARIAExtensions

Minutes last Regular Meeting:
 <http://www.w3.org/2015/09/24-aria-minutes.html>
http://www.w3.org/2015/09/24-aria-minutes.html



Rich Schwerdtfeger
Received on Thursday, 1 October 2015 16:16:59 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:45:49 UTC