RE: HTML5 default implicit semantics

+1 to both Jason and Leonie

-----Original Message-----
From: White, Jason J [mailto:jjwhite@ets.org]
Sent: Friday, November 6, 2015 1:23 PM
To: John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>
Cc: lwatson@paciellogroup.com; Steve Lee <steve@opendirective.com>; public-cognitive-a11y-tf <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>; W3C WAI Protocols & Formats <public-pfwg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: HTML5 default implicit semantics

> On Nov 6, 2015, at 13:31, John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com> wrote:
>
> LĂ©onie Watson [mailto:lwatson@paciellogroup.com] wrote:
>>
>> When ARIA first came into existence we thought it was temporary.
>> We've come a long way since then and ARIA is clearly here to stay.
>> Perhaps this means we're at a good point to reevaluate the overall strategy and roadmap for ARIA?
>
> +1 to that.

I think the point was well made at the plenary session at TPAC that there are two aspects of Web technology: (1) tools such as APIs, Web Components, etc., that allow application authors to create their own customized features, e.g., new widgets; and (2) pre-built features for authors to use in their applications and documents, for example HTML elements.

The Web needs both, and we need to be able to make both accessible.

Thank you for your compliance.