Re: ARIA APG - Vanilla JavaScript

> On Mar 26, 2015, at 08:48, Matthew King <mattking@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> I am very interested in hearing view points from people on this list who are not regular participants in the APG taskforce calls.

I would prefer at least a version of each example that avoids libraries and just relies on standard (or widely implemented) APIs. This way, anyone who isn’t familiar with a particular library can understand the example without having to do additional looking up of library functions - and if one isn’t using a library (or the same library), one then has to rewrite  the example anyway in order to construct a similar  component for one’s own purposes.

In addition, I think library implementors are an important part of the target audience here - if you aren’t writing custom controls then what you need to know is different. If you’re writing a library of widgets, you need to know how to use standard APIs to implement them and to make them accessible with ARIA.

Thank you for your compliance.