RE: warnings on outdated specs/docs

I probably should have been more explicit about the Headers and Footers. Another piece of the mechanism is the ability to set strings based on the values of elements in the HTML. That allows the reporting of things like the creation date of the specification without any edits to the specification. Of course, as noted, one could also add, via CSS,  a warning that the spec is out of date and check the TR page for a more up-to-date version. The TR spec will (as of recently) also have a pointer to a more current editors draft if there is a relevant one.  Still no cost other than a Stylesheet change.

Steve Zilles