Re: Firefox accessibility API mapping questions

Hi Alex,

Previously, you wrote (my emphasis):

> 1. I only see one use case for role="rowgroup" is to break rows into
> groups, each groups is a separate set and *position inside it and set
> size* are calculated independently.

We interpreted, perhaps by mistake, that your use of "position" and "set
size" was actually row/col index and row/col count, since, for ARIA 1.1,
the properties for sizes and positions in the context of a table or grid
are aria-rowcount, aria-colcount, aria-rowindex, and aria-colindex.
(Aside: aria-posinset and aria-setsize are not supported on role rowgroup).

Items 1, 2, and 3 are an argument that the counts and indices are not
relevant to role rowgroup.  You agree -- "row count and row indexes seem
unrelated with row groups" -- although, the agreement might be a
coincidence.

Regardless, the point is that size and position have no impact with
respect to role rowgroup.  Hence, based on size and position only,
elements with role rowgroup do not require an accessible in the a11y
tree.  The only reasons for an accessible are if the rowgroup element is
focusable, or has some other ARIA global attribute. Otherwise, there is
no accessible.

--
;;;;joseph.

'Array(16).join("wat" - 1) + " Batman!"'
            - G. Bernhardt -