Re: Action-1293 Proposal

On 2015-03-19 11:09 AM, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
>> So, before proceeding, I think we need to decide if ARIA is going to
>> >support non-contiguous data sets.  IMHO, this adds a layer of complexity
>> >that will make authors lives more difficult, and likely make for badly
>> >marked up tables and grids.
> Fair enough regarding proceeding. But how do we handle things like
> hidden rows and columns? A real-world use case is the Google Docs
> spreadsheet.

AFAIK, that hasn't been a problem with tree views, where not all items
are displayed because a given treeitem is collapsed.  The difference is
the hidden items *are* in the DOM.  They are not missing; they are
hidden via CSS.

The problem solved by rowcount, etc. is to provide accurate counts and
indices of items when not all of them are present in the DOM. Are the
hidden rows and columns in a Google doc spreadsheet due to CSS or are
they actually missing from the DOM?

--
;;;;joseph.

'Array(16).join("wat" - 1) + " Batman!"'
            - G. Bernhardt -