RE: aria-level a required property for role="heading" or a supported property with an RFC SHOULD for authors

+1 to that also from me.

Aria-level should be a required property with role=”heading”, and semantic checkers should thorw an error if/when it is missing.

From: Steve Faulkner [mailto:faulkner.steve@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2015 3:32 PM
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger
Cc: WAI Protocols & Formats
Subject: Re: aria-level a required property for role="heading" or a supported property with an RFC SHOULD for authors

>We would like list feedback as to whether this should required or rather have an RFC 2119 SHOULD for its use as a supported property in role "heading".

+1 to aria-level being a required property, not requiring does not lead to a better outcome as it  allows the use of  headings without levels removing all notion of heading heirarchy.

--

Regards

SteveF

Current Standards Work @W3C <http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/2015/03/current-standards-work-at-w3c/>

The ARIA task force had issue that pertained to making aria-level a required property vs. a supported property for role="heading".

We would like list feedback as to whether this should required or rather have an RFC 2119 SHOULD for its use as a supported property in role "heading".

Please see the minutes of the discussion: http://www.w3.org/2015/06/18-aria-minutes.html

Rich Schwerdtfeger